Now Hiring: Market Manager for 2018 Season
Are you interested in playing a major role in the continued growth of the local food movement in the Okemo Valley this summer?
We might have the job for you!
Please read the description below and if you are interested, please fill out our application. This online application gives you an option to save and resume your application. The deadline for applying is March 15th.
Know of someone that fits the bill? Let them know about this exciting opportunity! If you have any questions, please reach out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ludlow Farmers Market Manager Job Description
The manager of the Ludlow Farmers Market, serves the needs of the market and vendors and is directed by the rules and regulations formulated by the Board of Directors. She/he cannot hold a seat on the board. The manager will work with each vendor to make the vending experience as rewarding as possible. She/he will work cooperatively with all standing committees relevant to the position.
1. On-Site Coordinator
- On site an market day to set up by 2pm at the latest and stay until tear down is complete
- Set-up/breakdown of signage/pylons
- Upkeep vendor stall markers
- Assign substitute vendors to available stalls
- Assist vendors with set up when needed and provide appropriate materials
- Author and send pertinent membership and vendor emails
- Set-up/take down Manager tent
- Set up/take down Musicians tent and extension cords
- Collect weekly rent from substitute vendors and provide receipts
- Have application on hand each week to speak to prospective vendors
- Collection of Seasonal and Half-Seasonal stall fees
- Set up trash barrels/recycling bins
- Fill out and make copy for Treasurer of weekly monetary transactions
- Put out market signs on market day by 8am and picked up at end of market.
- Set up, put away, and maintain the generator
- Work with Landowners to keep lines of communication open (Jerry will help this transition)
2. Administrative Responsibilities
- Keep weekly record of vendors
- Attend Board Meetings when appropriate
- Check all tents and supplies for site.
- Collect tokens and coupons
- Book weekly Substitute Vendors from generated Substitute List